CELLTREAT Bottle Top Filter Units (Sterile and Non-Sterile)
Bottle Top Filter Units
• 4 different capacity units • 0.45µm and 0.22µm pore sizes
• Use with Media/Solution bottles with 45mm diameter neck
STERILE units with polystyrene funnels,
choose PES membrane or Nylon membrane.
NON-STERILE units with polypropylene funnels,
choose Nylon membrane or PTFE membrane.
All RNase, DNase, DNA, Pyrogen Free.
Bottle Top Filter units fit on CELLTREAT's sterile plastic Solution Bottles (CT-229781, CT-229782, CT-229784, and CT-229785) and on all standard GL 45 threaded Glass Media and Vacuum bottles (those with 45mm diameter necks). These bottle tops fit on standard Corning® brand media bottles (with orange screwcap), Schott Duran (with blue screwcap) and other popular brands.
All sterile units feature an angled hose barb adapter fits 3 size hose diameters and increases unit stability. This angled hose barb with tubing attached is designed to reduce the tipping of units under to hood.
Polyethersulflone (PES) Membrane Units
• Polyethersulfone (PES) membrane for high flow and low binding, ideal for cell culture applications • RNase, DNase, DNA, pyrogen Free
• Nylon membrane units are used to bind protein, DNA, and RNA • RNase, DNase, DNA, pyrogen Free
• Two membrane pore sizes: 0.22µm or 0.45μm
• Bottle top filters fit on CELLTREAT solution bottles or other standard 45mm threaded solution storage bottles
• Bottle top filters do not include solution bottles
• These Sterile polystyerne units are available with PES membrane or Nylon membrane
Nylon Membrane Bottle Top Units
• Hydrophilic nylon membrane has excellent chemical compatibility and does not require pre-wetting
• Available sterile or non-sterile
• Non-Sterile units that have a polypropylene funnel, are autoclavable, and resistant to chemicals
• Nylon membrane is thermostable to 180°C • High strength
• Nylon has Low Hold-up volumes and is Very Retentive
• Nylon binds in removing trace protein, DNA, and RNA • Pyrogen Free
• Ideal for filtering HPLC samples and respective solvents
• Used for filtering radioactive solutions
PTFE Membrane Bottle Top Units
• Hydrophobic PTFE membrane is inert to most organic solvents, alkalies, acids, propellents, and cryogenic solutions
• PTFE membrane needs pre-wetting prior to use to open pores. Prewet with methanol, acetone, or with a compatible fluid having a low viscosity (<0.6 centipoise)
• High thermostability to 140°C • Autoclavable
• For alcohol and non-aqueous solutions • Used for gas/air venting • For HPLC samples and ultra-cleaing of non-aqueous or organic solvents
Non-Sterile Polypropylene Bottle Top Filters
• Fits on standard GL 45 threaded glass vacuum bottles
• Excellent chemical resistance offered with polypropylene housing as compared to polystyrene
• High temperature range of 4˚C to 37˚C is suitable for many applications
• Hydrophilic Nylon membrane has excellent chemical compatibility with esters, bases and alcohols. Does not require pre-wetting
• Hydrophobic PTFE membrane has excellent temperature resistance and is useful for clarifying aqueous samples as well as strong acid and alkali solvent filtration