Advantec, Sterile Mixed Cellulose Esters (MCE) Membrane for Microbiology
Sterile Mixed Cellulose Esters (MCE) Membrane for Microbiology
• 0.20um, 0.45um, 0.65um, 0.80um, 1.00um, 3.00 pore sizes
• Choose Grid or Plain surface membrane
• Available with or without Absorbant Pads
• White, Black, or Green membranes available
Sterile Membranes for Microbiological Analysis
• MCE (Mixed Cellulose Esters): Made from Mixed Esters of Cellulose (MCE) or Cellulose Acetate: MCE is a mixture of nitrocellulose and other cellulose esters. MSDS available upon request.
• Surface with Grid lines or Plain: Contrasting grid lines facilitate counting colonies on the filter surface and are tested to assure freedom from grid line inhibition. 3.1 mm squares represent 1/100 of the filtration area of a 47 mm diameter filter (9.6 cm2). Plain surface is available also.
• HE Edge: Both Gridded and Plain surfaced type membranes are available with HE (Hydrophobic Edge, 3mm non-wetting edge).
• Available with or without Absorbant Pads: Absorbant Celluose Pads are presterilized and packaged individually.
• Membrane Colors: White, Black, and Green. See below for specific information.
• Specially tested for Microbiology: All 0.45 µm white gridded membranes are tested for Coliform, Fecal Streptococci and Serratia marcescens. All 0.65 µm white gridded membranes are tested for complete retention and optimal recovery of Fecal Coliform and Saccharomyces cerevisieae. Black and Green membranes are tested for optimal recovery of yeast and total bacteria. Black color provide maximum contrast between colonies and the membrane filter. Green membrane allows viewing black, white, and colorless colonies on the same membrane. All membranes are also tested for uniform wetting, freedom from grid line inhibition and optimal color reactions on appropriate test media.
• Sterile Packaging: Membranes are available individually wrapped, in 10-packs, and in continuous feed dispensers for optimum sterility. Presterilized by EtO (ethylene oxide) process.
• Membrane Certification: Certification for individual lot numbers is available on request. Advantec membranes were developed and are manufactured to comply with the provisions of the National Interim Primary Drinking Water Regulations, Guidelines for Establishing Test Procedures for the Analysis of Pollutants, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater and the ASTM APPLICATIONS.
• Applications: Include microbiological analysis of water, wastewater, pharmaceuticals and beverages.